Oklahoma Playa Decision Support Tools
This page features Playa Decision Support Tools (DSTs) for Oklahoma that are part of a bigger Playa Decision Support System for the entire PLJV region. These tools are intended for use by multiple stakeholder groups—including natural resource professionals, land managers and developers—providing them with spatially explicit data, maps, and written guidance that can inform decisions that may impact playas and their associated wildlife.
User Manual and Spatial Data
The GIS data offer two spatial scales at which to analyze potential impacts of activities on playas and associated wildlife—landscape scale (clusters and large isolated playas) and site scale (playas). Click on a link below to download a zip file for the appropriate data layer.
- Playa Decision Support System User Manual (PDF)
- Clusters of Playas (zipped shapefile)
- Large Isolated Playas (zipped shapefile)
- Playas Prioritized for Development Avoidance (zipped shapefile)
Below are PDF maps showing playas by land-use activity statewide and for each county. Playa clusters, large isolated playas, and saline lakes are also included on every map. Click on a link to open a map in your browser or right click and choose “Save as…” to download a map.
Download statewide maps or individual county maps (1-2 MB):
- PDF map of Oklahoma panhandle (1.5 MB)
- Zip file with the Oklahoma panhandle county maps (3.4 MB)
- Beaver County
- Cimarron County
- Texas County
Oklahoma Working Group
The integrity and usefulness of the Playa DSS is greatly strengthened by the wide-ranging knowledge and perspectives provided by the working groups. Playa Lakes Joint Venture (PLJV) would like to recognize all the agencies and organizations that contributed to this process.
- ITC Great Plains
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- NextEra Energy Resources
- Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation
- US Fish and Wildlife Service